We certainly are in crazy times! I understand there is a virus, but the extent of fear and paranoia (and Aussies stockpiling toilet paper) is more of a virus than the virus! So how do you maintain hope (a positive view of the future) when all things around you are crazy? Good question! And even better, Ive got a book coming out next month to help you with just that. But for now, here’s some practical keys to find hope in crazy times…
In crazy times people do crazy things. It’s also the greatest opportunity to grow, to advance, to establish. What will you do?
Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: For yet a little while, And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
“Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
“BUT WE ARE NOT OF THOSE WHO DRAW BACK TO PERDITION, BUT OF THOSE WHO BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL.Hebrews 10:35-39 (NKJV)
Hope sees a better future and SOLUTIONS for now. Faith acts on what hope sees. Faith is anchored in hope. I see a better future. I believe in a good God. I know there is a solution. This is going to be ok. This is going to work out for my good!
And… even if I die, I get to see Jesus face to face. My eternity is secure. You cannot scare me with death.
So how do you find hope (perspective, belief, courage, comort…) in the midst of crazy times?
Practical Keys to Find Hope in Crazy Times:
1. Daily word – Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer. What is He saying TODAY for my TODAY? Prayer = LISTEN Pray in the spirit AND with understanding. Communion.
2. What do you see (God doing)? What do you hear (is happening)? What do you REMEMBER (if nothing else, remember what He has done in the past)?
Client had to work anyway as best possible because of workload. He had eaten very little but drank lot of water and coffee. He had been predominantly working from the couch in his office. The call with the advisor was at 6pm call. They prayed at 605pm. His temperature was 103.5. The conversation was all about the supply chain in China and the impact of Coronovirus in clients business. At 635pm client noticed feeling better and temperature showed 99.1. At 7:05 pm temperature 98.8. “Feeling good! 80-90% pain gone. Just feels like worked out. Feels like too much energy – feeling wired.” He then Walked into office next door and his wife exclaimed, “you look like a different person!” Business man went home and played with his kids.
BOOM. REMEMBER THAT!
3. Worship 2 Chronicles 20 tells a story of being outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered and outplanned and it wasn’t George Washington! The Israelites were completely overwhelmed and didn’t know what to do. So they asked God and He gave a strategy seemingly bizarre: “Send in the worship team first.” Crazy matches crazy huh? But God. Worship changes atmospheres. It reminds you how big God is. It makes room for Him to move and for you to advance. So worship until your song lines up with His.
4. Wise counsel See previous post on the best way to maximize your life.
5. Family, team, covenant friendship – we are in this together. Iron sharpens iron. Better a friend nearby than a brother far away.
6. Hope for TODAY – what will you do TODAY. I cannot control tomorrow. What will i do TODAY? Prioritize. Act. DO THIS.
7. Necessary Endings – what do you need to stop doing, start doing, keep doing? See Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud
Here’s the book launch team I mentioned – check out the details HERE.
And you can listen to the podcast HERE.